The wonderful winner of the "BROKEN NICHOLE" contest is... Shin splints. Also a pulled calf muscle. Oh- AND?! Yes, there is more. A pulled left hip flexor.
Great Scott. You'd think I jumped off a bridge or something.
The remedy thus far fallows as such:
No running or any hard workouts for several weeks
Lots of ice and IB Profein
Mucho amount of stretching...
and the most dreaded? Three weeks of physical therapy.
If I'm not "better" by then then I go in for an MRI on my hip.
But let us not be discouraged. I still have every intention of fullfilling each and every one of my goals. It just may take a little longer to get down that road- a little hobbling... some grunting... and a lot of "feel sorry for me's" and I will make it.
Here's to finally knowing! ... :)
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Oh, Nichole, that is just downright rotten! I am so sorry. I'll be pulling for a very speedy recovery for you, and glad you aren't letting it prevent your goals!
Go swimming! It's supposed to be great for "low impact" workouts- it'll take the pressure off your legs and you can get your heart rate up.
I like your attitude- don't be discouraged- it's just your body's way of saying "Be more creative!"
Whoa, this is heavy! I hope you feel better soon hun! Keep up the great attitude.
oh man that seriously stinks. but at least you figured it out so you don't do something crazy and damage yourself permanently. and way to look on the positive side. now you can really focus on your "diet" side of this whole journey. also i second the swimming thing. and what about yoga? (i've never done yoga so i don't really know) But maybe you can still use weights for your arms and get buff while your waiting for your lower half to heal!!! hang in there, you are doing great!
So sorry Sister, sometimes life sucks, eh? Can't wait for you to heal up! Yeah I agree with Tiffany, lots of swimming, weights, and yoga! :) Love you!
Post a Comment