Well let me tell you! :) I am SO SO SORE! Ab class on Monday was coming along nicely and I was working up a sweat when out of the blue Dan carries out three blue matts."HMMMM" I thought to myself as my stomach clenched into a knot of nervousness. Those of you who know me well know that I don't handle a nervous stomach well at all. I was ready to bolt out the door when in slow motion the word "P.L.A.N.K.S." escaped his lips!
"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I hollered dropping to my knees throwing my hands up into the air.
Why can't we have an easy work out?!
I even stared down an unsuspecting sandbag and did an impression of a Japanese movie dubbed over in English with my lips as I spat out, "We come face to face again my foe..."
Rachel and I thought it was pretty funny...
I don't think anyone else did though, all I got back was weird stares. Hmmm....
So for a minute I had to brace myself in push up position and do the dreaded plank- twice.
Have you heard a grown woman cry? How about an embarrassing howl of pure self inflicted agony? Well... I can honestly say I wasn't only purple in the face because of the pressure. Nope, some of that was embarrassment! But my shame didn't last long! My best friend started to make "VROOM VROOOOOM" noises! I fell flat on my stomach and started to laugh.
Shoot. I guess I didn't quite make it!
I guess next time I'll think twice before making Japanese dubbing jokes in the gym again! I still can barely lift my arms above my head...





3 comments:
How long are you supposed to do those? Maybe I should add them to my workouts.
i know i am crazy but i sorta love the plank!
Nichole! You are such an inspiration! I found your blog through a friends and I am in a weight struggle as well. I don't need to lose 100 lbs, but the 32 I needed to lose after my second child(who will be 1 yr old next month) might as well be. It is so hard for me to lose weight! I even gained 15 lbs more with my 2nd child than my first..so it has been twice as hard. I even breastfed and that didn't help any. I don't particulary like to Exercise, but for the past 8 weeks I have been doing a lot of it and eating very, very lightly! What I have been doing seems to be the only thing that works. and what's worse, when I decide I want to have a small portion of rice with my roasted chicken and maybe a light yogert I gain 1-2 lbs back and then it sets me back sometime a whole week to lose it again? What the heck? why is it so hard? But I find it really helps to have others who are experiencing a similar struggle instead of watching all those around you who lost 30 6 weeks after Delivery and wearing their sz 2's again! ugh! it can be very discouraging especially when they are eating what they want, burgers, ice cream, and not even exercising!! I have a pretty supportive hubby(except for those days he says "let get some pizza!" haha..yeah he does not have a weight issue, never has an never will. Why couldn't he have the babies? lol I love you are tracking your experience on a blog and I'm excited to keep it in check as I track my own goal. right now I only have 8 more lbs to go to get to my "pre-baby" weight and then I will set my "second" goal for my wedding day weight(only a dream right now) but I try to stay focused on my first goal and losing it by June(our family vacation) is what I am shooting for. :) Good luck!! I can't wait to see what adventures your workouts bring. I know what you mean by working out until you are sick and sweaty and want to do it again the very next day, but you are too sore to even take a step...yep that was me last night first hard workout in years!! :)
Post a Comment