Someone said something to me that has been eating away at me... all night. I'm not going to go into too much detail over it except that I wanted to pull out a bag of cookies and devour it. I wanted to so very badly that my stomach hurt and I thought my brain was going to explode. I had that knot at the back of my throat that was either tears trying to escape, or vomit. Pushing "it" back with junk food is definitely the way I WOULD have taken care of it just a few months ago.
And by "it" I mean my emotions.
Instead I am going to take my reaction to this situation as a victory. A sign of growth and healing.
I didn't shovel down a bag of cookies; however I did type out my feelings in a private post. Angry raunchy feelings.
And now...
I feel better. :) And I don't need the bag of cookies.
VICTORY!
10 comments:
Hooray! That is a terrific victory!
Great job, Nichole!!! Try to forget those negative peeps (and there are ALOT of them) - they mean nothing to you and your goals!
So proud of you!
xo Ami
a champagne dream
Way to go! You are my inspiration. Confession: I've been really stressed out lately and yesterday and today I have been eating my feelings. This needs to end. ASAP.
Thanks ladies... Why is food such a comfort sometimes? Stupid happy sugar endorphines! lol!
Ok I'd totally think we'd be friends in real life. Eating a bag of cookies cause you're raging on emotions? TOTALLY me. Anyway, AWESOME job on the weighloss momma and can I just say I love the name Shaylee? Never heard that before! Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous family! Can't wait to read more!
You did it well! Emotional eating is challenging to overcome but u seemed to way to go for being in control of your choices.
Blessings,
Honeybee
http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com
Great job Nichole!! So proud of you! I can't wait until I get to that point where I don't need the junk food to help.
Nichole, I love you! You are one awesome mama! I'm glad you were able to withstand angry temptation. People are so dumb and clueless sometimes. Just wanted to remind you that you have people who love and support you out here. Keep fighting!
This is amazing! To overcome those life-long or at least adult-life long urges is a huge step. My favorite inspiration quote is Jillian Michaels "Old Habits Die Hard, But They Do Die!"
PS I'm a new reader. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Post a Comment