CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

I Am Here ...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 12 Weigh-in ...ACK!

So here I am. Bowing my head humbly before you. The last three weeks have been DISASTEROUS! However I am now WELL! So Dan decided I needed a new starting point and wanted to measure me. Needless to say it was a DISAPPOINTMENT! Dan told me that my results weren't good OR bad. They just are what they are. I couldn't help that I got ill, but I can help what I'm going to do about it now.

So I took that and ran with it. Literally. Yesterday Rachel and I went on a walk out in the middle of nowhere. There was a hill coming up that had a steep curve to it. Seeing as there were no sidewalks I was concerned and wanted to get it over with since we had our children with us. The idea of some vehicle slamming into a stroller was not sitting well with me... so I suggested a quick jog?!

"SURE!" She says and off we go in our levi's and granny panties. I say this because jogging unprepared is painful when you have "assets" like me. Needless to say I came out of that quick sprint with more than just a weggie. HA!

Lungs burning, calves flexing, heart pounding we came to the top of that hill with an angry vengence.

The biggest realization I had during our 20 second jog was this: MY BUTT JIGGLED AGAIN!

"See it wiggle, watch it jiggle." That was me. I apologize to the old man with the crazy hair who drove by in his old truck. I think I saw him gouge his eye balls out as he was passing me by.

Or maybe that never happened and I was gouging out my own eyes?

Perhaps we'll never know but what a SAD moment it was for me. I was so proud of my tight butt. Did it really turn to jelly so quickly? Well- according to the numbers, yes it did.

So my results: (I know that Dan had said I won't hit a plateau if I'm doing everything he says... however I am calling THIS a plateau! lol!!)

I gained .25 in. on my neck. (swollen lymph nodes)

I gained.... .75 in. on my waist. UGH UGH UGH. BITTER ANGRY FEELINGS TO THAT STUPID GUT OF MINE!

AND sniff. I gained .25 in. on my thigh.

All in all I guess it's safe to say I gained a bit back due to the lack of exercise. This week I'm trying to work my way back up. It's a process and yes I may have deterred from the path- but the journey goal is still the same.


I WILL COME OUT ON TOP!

To prove that I can do anything... even if I'm ill or just not talented I've included a video from this weekend. I am the taller on beginning on the left, and Rachel Olsen (Dan's wife) is the smaller woman on the right.


If I can do THIS in a gym full of people... I really can do anything!

5 comments:

Oma Hansen said...

Gagga, you forgot to post your
comment. Or maby I can't see it.
Love Mom.

Nichole Gaertner said...

There! I fixed it! :)

Oma Hansen said...

I love your poast, when I sat infront of the stage, I actually thought we where back in time.
You looked so happy and danced
so energatic, just like in the old
Highschool plays you've been in.
Lots of kisses,your Mama.

Allison Elder said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and back on the bandwagon!

Sylvia Marie said...

That's ok!! You'll be back in no time. :) The old man part made me LOL!!!!!!!!! haha love you Schwester!