CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

I Am Here ...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week 11 Weigh-In ...

Well here it is. Week 11's weigh-in. It's kind of daunting, knowing this could be either a great celebration for me or another dissappointment. I realize that being sick for two weeks has really put a damper on my now "normal" regimine but I still have expectations.

So. Has it been realized?...

YES! YES MY FRIENDS IT HAS!

Let it be known that at 8 A.M. Saturday June 12th (this day) I have officially lost 20 pounds!

What a roller coaster ride this has been. I still have 80 pounds to go, but I started out with 100 pounds and feel that this first accomplishment is the hardest emotionally!

Now I realize and want you to understand that I have been pretty sick, therefore working out has been at a standstill for me. I was infact directed to NOT workout right now so perhaps there has been some muscle loss. That's not something to necessarily be proud of... BUT HECK! If you think I aint gonna go celebrate then you've got to be CRAZY! I did afterall control my eating and have been focusing on my protein/ fruit & veggie intake so I honestly feel this is a well deserved one pound loss. :) I am justified!

So- as a reward I'm goin to get my hair "did." (done) I'm thinking a little shave job in the back... back combing in the front. Lil product ... and lotta love! You thinking what I'm thinking? OH YES- out of control. ;) I can just see all my fellow church peers turning to stare as I walk in with my new "do." Well... no worries. I actually haven't had a nice hair cut or style job in about a year and a half so I'll probably do something simple and nice.

But! Just you wait- my 50 pound goal will be extreme! I'll dip into color and be uber stylish! I'll be a force to be reconded with. (I've got to do something to keep me motivated, right?!)

So back to the issue at hand. Sometime this week Dan is going to take my measurements again. He would like to do them before I start working out again, so that we have an accurate idea of where I'm going to be at. I am a little worried because I'm sure my body has changed these last two weeks, and probably not for the better. But that's okay. Really... once I begin my exercise routine again I'll hopefully have renewed energy. (Not dead like Michael Jackson though...)

So stay tuned ... later this week I will also have something exciting to share (literally) with my readers. Something I would like to "give" to you. ;)
Until then always remember ...




We all have problems!

Picture found at www.officialjwm.wordpress.com/

6 comments:

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Holy crap, that last picture of...whatever that animal is supposed to be, is disgusting!!! Go Nicole!! This is my first time seeing this blog and I think it's great! Losing weight doesn't come easy (atleast not for most people...some people are dang lucky and their baby weight just melts off)...I still have some baby weight I need to try harder to get off my body. Good health is so important and I know you are inspiring other people to take good care of their bodies. You are inspiring me!!

Nichole Gaertner said...

HAHA! Yah that dog thing IS pretty nasty! Thanks Michelle! My hope is that people who have a difficult time losing weight see this and know that they're not alone. I've never had to lose weight before these last four years and am so lost in this struggle. People leaving me comments and words of encouragement are what help inspire me. So thank you!!

Erica said...

Ummm...if that is a dog, it sure has some human-looking parts! That things is hands down CREEPY!!! So, my nightmares are giving you, Nichole Gaertner, a big shout-out cuz you just gave it more fodder. YIKES!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

that pictures you find to put on this blog are too funny, and a bit distrubing. I need to stop reading right before bed, YEESH!!!

I am a lurker, but now I know I need to comment more. This is motivating me too! I ran my first
5K over memorial weekend and now I keep signing up for more because it is such a good motivator for me, and you too of course. Now I just gotta get on a better eating plan, but with summer and all of the fruits and veggies I think we can do better! Keep up all of the great work!

P.S. I can totally see a difference in the two pictures on the above post, good job!! And I wouldn't mind losing in my boobs and stomach, HA! I think mine has started in my butt first though, because I have been running on my elliptical, but I will take whatever I can get!

Nichole Gaertner said...

HAHA! Thanks Tiffany- sorry about the nightmares! :) I actually have a picture about my butt too... but it was TOO hilarious to post- maybe next time? HAHA!

Sylvia Marie said...

YES we DO all have problems! This picture has always disturbed me...they seriously tried to be convincing in the fact that a human-dog species had been discovered! LOL!! UMMM GROSS.
Your pictures are so funny!! I love it!!
GOOOO SISSTERRRR!!!!! 20 lb. mark! WOOO!!!! :)