CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

I Am Here ...

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dragging My Feet... Err, Hip?

So I realize now that I have not kept everyone updated on if I was able to keep my goal of no sweets for 14 days.

Sadly... I can not DISSAPPOINT you!

I did make it and it was AMAZING! And totally worth it too! :) Especially since my ENTIRE family ate those silly little pink and white frosted animal cookies in front of me all weekend. Those are one of my sinful little pleasures. But alas- I refrained!

Tomorrow Rachel and I are going to the wonderful Asian market to get ourselves some yummy cream puffs! :P

On the other hand I have some sad news as well. It looks like my hip injury is a lot worse then I ever thought, or anticipated. The biggest problem is that it will be a slow recovery for it. I wrote a blog here about a fall I took in July that really hurt me and apparently must have done some damage. Why did I continue to work myself hard afterward? I guess I felt I had to prove my macho-ism and strength to myself. I had to KNOW that I could still accomplish my goal and need to become healthy and fit.

Well. You reap your rewards, don't you.

So now my regimine will have to be altered to just plain' ol walking in water. UGH. This will be a challenge for me because I YEARN to swim. However at this point that would be counter productive. Now I know I need to peppy and optimistic about this... and honestly it might be kind of a nice break... but it also makes me sad. I feel like I let myself down by not allowing myself to heal LAST year. Now I may not be able to run the race in May.

I will however stop dwelling on that. As it was pointed out to me, I will still burn a lot of calories with the water resistance, right?! I will also start retraining my body's posture, and the outer muscles in my hips/ thighs. I haven't been equalizing my work outs and am now... weak? in certain muscle groups.

Who knows... this can all turn out to be a great "new year"/ "new me" problem solving challenge, right? I will come out stronger physically and emotionally if I don't allow this to bog me down. And plus-I do look forward to not having this constant companion of pain with me every day. That, my friends, will be heavenly!

BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ONLY BEAUTIFUL .. BUT STRONG TOO! :)

4 comments:

Julie L said...

Hang in there, Nicole. You are a winner, and this is but a little blip in the progress.

Jenny Robbins said...

Good work on your sugar detox! I'm on week 4 and I can't wait to be done.

Sylvia Marie said...

Yay! Glad you were successful with the no sugar! :) I am really sorry about your injury. :( I feel so sad for you that you can't race...you've been anticipating it for so long. It will eventually be for the best though, so just hang in there. I love you Schwester and I hope you heal quickly! And...enjoy the heck out of those cream puffs!! :)

Oma Hansen said...

O.K. O.K. You can have your cream puff, as long as you eat one for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!