BREAKFAST:1 full egg
2 egg whites
1 cup of cheerio's
3/4 cup lowfat milk
1 fruit
And that my friends is JUST breakfast. I feel as if my life is CONSUMED with food, which is wierd right?! I mean I'm trying to lose weight and so I eat MORE than I'm used to??? Well, I guess that's the magic of it all. Apparently I wasn't eating enough, and when I DID eat is was all wrong. Now I'm not saying I was a pig ALL THE TIME, I tried to eat healthy for my kids and what not. But the kicker was I wasn't eating the right foods at the right time. Yup, that DOES make a huge difference.
I've had to learn to eat more carbs in the morning and more protien at night. Eat bigger meals in the morning and smaller meals in the evening. That's pretty simple addition there, how did I not know to do this? I think a lot of it is the conditioning. I wasn't conditioned to flip flop my meals. I used to eat bigger at night and less in the morning. I mean... that's the American norm.
Part of my struggle with this change for me was cutting out the goodies. Since I was 19 my nickname was cookie monster. I ADORE COOKIES! Mmmm. Just the thought is making my mouth salivate and my tongue hang out. In fact I'm panting at this very moment.
Okay- maybe not THAT bad. But still.
For real though, I went through serious sugar withdrawals at first. Later Dan told me that that is normal. I even got a little sick about two weeks in and was told that I was "de-toxing." I've heard that term before ... but now have a personal understanding as to what that means.
IT SUCKS. FLAT OUT SUCKS.
Now that I'm going into my sixth week it isn't quite as bad. I'm still nursing Shaylee so I do get funky, crazy peanut butter cravings. Dan added avocado to my meal pl
an because Shaylee started suffering from the lack of fat in my diet. And that actually helped a lot. BUT NOW... now my metabolism has spead up again! WOOT! WOOT! :) And so now I feel hungry all the time again. I'll have to talk to Dan about that and probably have my meal plan changed up again. I actually look forward to that... it's like trying out a new restaraunt every week. Well, a kind of crappy one anyway cause I can't cook worth BEANS!~Nichole
ps. I CRAVE REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS RIGHT NOW!... I curse that company. HAHA!





4 comments:
I love your blog. I love your writing. You are so good. I feel like jumping on your bandwagon! You are really such a good writer! Wow! The things you don't know about people!
So, you really had to post a picture of peanut butter cups? Now I want some too!
Yeah I guess it kind of does seem like food is taking over! But that's okay...think of it as kind of an experiment or something. Or maybe a hobby. LOL! I'm right there with you, though. I've been craving PB since my 1st trimester w/emma!! But at least now it doesn't give me MAD heartburn!! I think you should remove the candy picture off this post. It is too tempting, and if I give in, I'm blaming you!!!!!!!! hahaha jk I love you Sister, great work!! :)
You are my hero. Reading this makes me think maybe, just maybe I can get back off the binge and start losing again, instead of gaining back everything I lost. This is a great blog!
Post a Comment