CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

I Am Here ...

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stairway to HADES!

Today I ran stairs.
"THUMP THUMP THUMP"
Heavy breathing.
"THUMP THUMP THUMP"
Heavier, labored breathing.

"THUMP THUMP THUMP"- SCREAM.... CRASH...
Heavy, blood-gurgling, labored breathing.

Okay- it wasn't quite THAT bad. But I must admit part of me yearned for me to miss a step just so I wouldn't have to complete my 3 flights of stairs 10 times. Towards the end of my running experience through HADES (dark underworld in Greek? mythology) I truly felt as if my lungs were screaming and my stomach was revulting against everything I had ingested this morning- and I still had 9 more flights to go. When I was done I ran my shaky and wobbly booty into the apartment and pleaded with my cubboard to "please, very please" let there be a clean cup inside. Woohoo! I hollared to my friend Rachel as I grabbed a huge crazy goblet out and snarfed down the water from the tap.

Have you ever had a HUGE glass of freezing cold water after a hard workout? It feels OH-SO-GOOD on the way down... and then you feel a little ...sick. I guess next time I'll just have to be a little more careful on my water intake as well as the temperature of the water. I guess warm gatorade it'll have to be. *GAG*

When I was done with my stairs I then proceeded on with my leg workouts, which included: lunges, squats, CRAZY SCARY hanging squats, calf raises (HOLY HANNAH those hurt!) and everything else you could possibly think of.

IF I DON'T HAVE AMAZING AWESOME LEGS BY THE END OF THIS... I'LL STOP SHAVING THEM. Yup- that's the consequence. And trust me... this is something we DO NOT want to happen. So pray for me and pray for Josh that these workouts are doing what they're supposed to!

~ Me!!

5 comments:

Allison Elder said...

I just want to know how you managed squats after stairs. I wouldn't even be standing at that point. Good work!

Nichole Gaertner said...

I can't even tell you Allison. I think a lot of it was using mind escaping methods! HAHA!

Julie L said...

Oh, funny. You are doing terrific! I think the couch squat is the best exercise after exercise ... which could be why I look like me and why you don't any more. (actually, you never did, but it sounded good) Keep up the great work!

Nichole Gaertner said...

HAHAHA! Nice save there Aunt Julie! :) I don't know I really enjoy those couch squats myself. LOL! And actually... one of the exercises is to sit on and off a chair 15x for 3 sets. The couch counts right?

Sylvia Marie said...

HAHAHA Oh sister. You already know all my "side comments" to this post. ;)